Earlier, installing quartz worktops UK was considered a big investment due to its highly luxe aesthetics and practicality. At that time, this worktop material was part of only high-end homes. But in past few years, these worktops have emerged in most modern kitchens and bathrooms with its increasing popularity.
Today, quartz worktops the UK are accessible at reasonable prices. It is even confused with some natural stone and solid surface countertops because of its ability to mimic any designed material with high-end appeal.
Quartz Stone Prices
The cost of quartz stone usually ranges from £50 to £100 per square foot, along with the installation cost. So, any moderate quartz worktop, measuring about 55-square-feet would range around £2,500 and £5,000. The price of this worktop depends on the quality of the slab you buy.
Prices based on the quality of quartz slab
- Basic quality quartz slab costs around £2,500 – £3,000.
- Good quality quartz is priced somewhere between £3,000 and £3,500.
- The best/premium quality quartz costs around £3,500 – £5,000.
Quartz Installation Cost: The installation cost of quartz depends on the charges set by a professional fabricator for their quality of work. Generally, the installation cost of quartz worktops in the UK ranges from 20% to 50% of the average material cost.
Are Quartz Worktops UK worth it?
You must be wondering whether quartz worktops UK are worth the investment. Well, this worktop material is a good catch. Don’t believe us? Here are some valid points to prove it:
- Quartz is highly functional: Quartz stone is highly resistant to stains, scratches, chipping, etching or any other food damage. Its non-porous surface makes it moisture resistant too, hence it’s hygienic and food-safe material. It is considered to be one of the toughest materials found in the world. These slabs are so robust that you can direly chop off vegetables on the counter or don’t have to worry about stains caused by wine, coffee or lime juice spillage. All this makes it an ideal and practical worktop solution for busy urban homes.
- Low-maintenance: The non-porous quartz stone does not require any sealing like marble or granite to prevent it from moisture. This makes it a germ-free material. Moreover, dirt and germs can easily be wiped off using a gentle cleanser and a damp sponge/cloth.
- Quartz is attractive: Quartz worktops are available in hundreds of colours, designs and patterns, including marble- or granite-effect countertops. This makes it easier to blend these slabs into any home interior or style. Moreover, the high-end sheen on slabs makes it a super attractive worktop for modern homes.
- Quartz comes with a long warranty: Many quartzes manufactures offer a long warranty on their quartz worktop – for up to 10, 15, 20, 25 years warranty. This assures the level of confidence that manufacturers have on their quality worktop material, which is intended to last for several years. Hence, it offers a great return on your investment.
- Quartz can be customised: Another benefit of quartz worktops is that these can be custom-made as per the preferences of homeowners. Meanwhile, the customers get full control over how their worktop fits and looks.
Quartz worktops the UK are sophisticated engineered materials with several advantageous features. However, what makes quartz worth your money is that this tough stone ensures one-time investment that could last a lifetime if one maintains it well.